17 January 2011

Confessions of a 40kg multi-tasker

Whoever thought that modeling is a cakewalk, let me give you a bite. Posing for 200 snaps in a 20 by 20 sq foot area is not all that creamy as it seems.



woke up at 8- rushed to college- invariably turned up late despite ALL my efforts- rushed for makeup- lipstick went awry- friend came to the rescue- supposedly all set- got accidently punched by a woman (who had this random urge to fling her arms in the sky just when I crossed her path) strong women like these shouldn’t be exposed in public (felt like my eyeball was going to pop off the socket)- Checked my bruised eye- “everything’s fine”- reached the studio- forgot lunch- got scolded for the same.

awaiting me was a 4 hr shoot- flattered to have 3 grown ups at my disposal- arc lights blinding my cornea- smiling till jaws hurt- asked to continue- 3hrs- still have my shoulders squared- wrap up- returned to home sweet home with a spine as stiff as Barbie. Felt like I was totally worth it (having said that, I’ve not yet got my cheque from LOREAL)




Designers always work behind the scenes & getting recognized once in awhile is flattering. Yeah that's exactly what you don't read in between the lines, that I love every minute of my work. Indeed tired but as content as a kid who comes home from play.

The only difference in life when I was 11 to where I am now is that- ‘now when I have 10 things to do, life gives you 20 more’
No complaints, I'll do them all (doesn't quite sound the way i wanted it to)

PS: women never disclose their weight... but this is what you get for being on my blog... another WikiLeak..

2 comments:

  1. only 40 kgs!!!! damn woman!! eat!! hehe...having said that couldnt stop laughing at ur post...i hope ur eye is ok..and its exciting that u love with u do..its really is... and that's right, when u do love what u do u have that "bring it on" attitude..u can do it.. coz its fun!!

    keep it up..its fab to have positive people like u in the world...a lot of others need to learn that

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe.. yes the eyes are fine... thankyou prutha! great to have you drop by!

    ReplyDelete