23 July 2010

My European Travelogue: Austria

We head to our hotel in Innsbruck! I see people walking on the speckless street & wonder if their shoes ever catch dirt! I head to the street where cafes are full & wine is served in plenty! More shops, more wants, hear those cash machines go Ka-ching! What therapy! I walk into the courtyard to see a stage put up & watch the austrian dance troupe! Like Austrians were waiting for my arrival.. what luck! The young girls & boys dancing in traditional outfits give you a sense of déjà-vu, because they look like they’ve grown out of a Charles Dickens book!
My my, I’m in a fairytale!

We drop down at Wattens, clouds stuck between mountains… we see SWAROVSKI in bold, touching the clouds… which makes for a beautiful picture (how can I forget? everything in Austria makes for a beautiful picture!)
Then comes the famous Swarovski fountain, which leads to the museum & has been filmed in movies time & again… hiding the museum in its green cover, I hardly know what to expect from this landscaped entrance! But this place keeps a jewelry junkie on her toes!

What greets us is a huge crystal drooping chandelier, which shines like a million diamonds against the pitch dark interiors… followed by a Swarovski adorned Chetak-Indian Horse! I swell with pride & we enter a huge faceted room, which gives the feeling of walking into a diamond! Before I get lost into the million facets I capture it & make my way out, It’s so dark that I feel I’m walking in space & the crystals shine like planets & stars!



What catches my eye is the pink lips & shimmering lady on the Swarovski LCD… My god! Man can create such splendid things to lure us… how can we not be materialistic! Looked like liquefied diamonds swaying on the wall! It was a short movie directed by Shekhar Kapur, called Passage. My pride swells!

     I enter the much awaited showroom, which has everything from pens, showpieces to jewelry- which my hands fail to put back once pulled from the shelf! Lots of work here, but I quickly make time for the loo- which had a never seen before mirror with blue embedded crystals! This was the 1st time I was looking into a mirror & not even looking at myself! Impressed? I sure am!

Hail Daniel Swarovski!

2 comments:

  1. I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your
    site? Its very well written; I love what youve
    got to say. But maybe you could a little more
    in the way of content so people could connect with it better.

    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two
    pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

    Stop by my site :: twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... thankyou for your feedback...

    ReplyDelete