11 April 2010

How I got Disillusioned, Liberated & Got A life!


There are times when i get highly disillusioned with things but getting disillusioned is not all that bad a feeling when it drives you to rise above worldy things & look at life from a higher perspective! At the age of 30 i don't want to look back & think, "ALL THAT MIND BOGGLING YOU DID AT 18 OUGHT TO HAVE BEEN FOR SOMETHING MORE WORTH"

Yes, i do have these bouts of realization a little late(better late than never! no regrets!) I shift focus to "My life"! And i feeeeeeeeel LIBERATED!

--- I get back to my "driving" course which had come to a standstill! whew! Its a wondeful feeling to be in control of the wheels! An 18yr old must enroll themselves into this even if it means defying your mom & then convincing her (this requires days of honed 'soft skills')

---So i do something that i once considered impossible! "Cooking" i kept delaying it, always thought i'll have to live on restaurant food! But HOLA! Feels so much better that i won't owe my survival to a restaurant or a chef! And believe me it's not all that difficult! It's so much fun- Toss a Little here 'n' there
( advice: avoid the here 'n' there if you're still in the initial stage, stick to the rules)!

---The cooking course turns out to be therapeutic! You start enjoying the smell, taste, texture of every vegetable! I eat more, now!

---I get back to my "reading"! I love the way the Classics take me into the old world of charm, grace, beauty! I prefer the old world charm to today's rushhour! Time was still & people were less complicated compared to today's bunch of crazy-junkheaded-bodies!

Result: it was like mental flossing on a worked up brain!

....and this is how i got back my life!
Conclusion: A disillusioned mind gets back your life on track!

4 comments:

  1. guess what?! i'm sick of 'things' too...and i am trying to get back to reading...and more work!
    i like your mind flossing line...good work Shyan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always the simple things that keep you grounded!
    Good work gurl!

    ReplyDelete